The Engineering Institution of Zambia lead by Vice President Policy, Public Relations and National Development Eng. Charity Chola paid a courtesy call on the Minister of Energy Eng. Peter Kapala. The delegation included Vice President Membership and Continuous Professional Development Eng. Monica Milupi, Vice President Finance and Administration Eng. Wesley Kaluba, Engineering Registration Board Chairperson Eng. Kabaso Musebe, Immediate Past President Eng. Eugene Haazele, Registrar and Chief Executive Officer Eng. Linus Chanda, Deputy Registrar and Director of Operations Eng. David Kamungu, and Regional Manager South Eng. Kabwe Musonda
The delegation addressed the following issues with the Minister;
1. Registration of engineering professionals in the Ministry of Energy.
2. Enhance the performance of the electricity sub sector by reviewing the current Electricity Supply Industry (ESI)
3. Address the misalignment brought about by the 2019 version of the electricity act and ERB Act
4. Conclusion and Implementation of the Cost of Service Study
5. Address operational issues affecting Indeni
6. Develop and implement a clear policy on infusion of bio-fuels into the sector
7. Develop a Strategic Petroleum Reserve Policy (SPR)
Minister of Energy Eng. Peter Kapala said the Ministry will rely on engineering experts from the Institution to help identify and complete long overdue and abandoned programs. He said there is need for the Institution to be proactive in taking part in structuring programs that the Ministry of Energy is undertaking.