The Engineering Institution of Zambia lead by Vice President Policy, Public Relations and National Development Eng. Charity Chola paid a courtesy call on the Minister of Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development Eng. Charles Milupi. The delegation included Vice President Membership and Continuous Professional Development Eng. Monica Milupi, Vice President Finance and Administration Eng. Wesley Kaluba, Immediate Past President Eng. Eugene Haazele, Registrar and Chief Executive Officer Eng. Linus Chanda and Deputy Registrar and Director of Operations Eng. David Kamungu.
The delegation addressed the following issues with the Minister;
1. Creation of a statutory office of the Engineer General
2. Registration of all engineering professionals in the Civil Service
3. Development of the Charge – Out – rates for engineering services
4. Revamping the road sector
5. Outstanding payments for contractors and consultants
6. Prioritise Zambian Companies on Government funded projects
Minister of Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development Eng. Charles Milupi called on engineering professionals to be committed in reuniting the Country and work professionally to the expectation of the Zambian people.